You’ve been consistently using the trusty, good ol’ pair of earphones you got years ago with your phone purchase. Recently, you realised that your earphones are starting to be slightly less robust in terms of audio fidelity. Perhaps there are interruptions that aren’t supposed to be there, or static beneath that beat and bass.
Before you head to the stores to get a new pair, we’d like to share some tips on how you can prolong the functionality of this quintessential daily accessory.
- Plug out your earphones slowly, gripping the end instead of the wire. While we tend to want to pull directly on the wire when we’re in a hurry, this may damage the audio jack of our earphones.
- If your earphones have plastic earbuds attached, occasionally cleaning them with a small cloth will take care of the dust and prevent dirt from damaging the driver.
- Don’t wind your earphones around your phone, as this will create sharp bends that will be detrimental to the quality of your earphones in the long term.
- Avoid tossing your earphones straight into your bag, as our earphones are in fact more fragile than we think. Continuous compression by books in your bag or your laptop will reduce their lifespan. After going through a storm of reckless battering in your bag, your earphones may not endure for as long as they could have should they have been properly taken care of.
- Try not to sit on your earphones by accident.
Sounds like a pain? We get it — it takes effort to store your earphones delicately when you’re hard-pressed for time. So to make your life easier, we built medium tab organisers in our luxury travel bags and the Faire Leather Co. leather tech organizer, the Bond Everyday Padfolio.
We’ve considered the smallest details, down to having different-sized tab organisers that intuitively hold certain objects. For instance, you’re more likely to be reaching for your earphones on the move than for a pen. Not only does the medium tab organiser secure your earphones neatly and snugly, it is designed to be at the top of your Bond Travel Briefcase for easy access. This goes for both the Bond Travel Briefcase and the Bond Everyday Padfolio.
With designated holders for this tricky-to-handle accessory, earphone storage can never go wrong when you adopt the lifestyle of micro-organisation which our luxury travel bags and leather tech organizers aim to facilitate. You won’t ever be struggling with tangled earphone cables when you’re outdoors again.
To help you keep the micro aspect of your life under control, we now have our Cable Organiser, a slim leather accessory that you can clip to the Bond Travel Briefcase strap, for even more efficient access to your earphones. That’s right, we were serious when we said Faire Leather Co. is beyond an experience — it’s a lifestyle.
Besides the assistance our products offer, the way you coil your earphones matter too. Coiling them too tightly will exert unnecessary pressure on the wires, while tangles and knots can also cause similar damage. With the medium tab organizer feature, this issue will be non-existent if you coil your earphones tidily in the first place.
Here’s a simple technique of coiling your earphones:
Starting from one end of your earphones, wind them around your middle three fingers on one hand.
Keep going until your earphones are entirely wrapped around your fingers.
Holding the coil in place with your other hand, lift your earphones from your hand and you now have a neatly twined pair of earphones, ready to be tucked under our medium tab organiser.
Taking good care of your earphones is not an arduous task if you start establishing it as a habit. Habits stick with you for long, and we hope that our luxury travel bags and cable organiser will help you to reap the long-term benefits of a lifestyle centered around neat and effortless organisation.
In future, when you plug into your favourite jams on your commute to work, you can take pride at the pristine sound quality that is the result of your initial efforts at adopting the Faire lifestyle. A little always goes a long way.